5.04.2009

Rick Steve and Paris

I went to Italy for one week (5 days actully in Italy)a few years ago. It was one of my first trips with out any formal organization (i.e. tour, education) and I found a lot of really useful information from Rick Steve's website. My sisters asked me recently if I had found any of the same kind of "off the beaten path" information about Paris? Rick Steve and his website to the rescue again.

I like to use this site to help plan my trips. It is full of good tips and ideas. When I went to Italy I had printed everything out and pasted it into a little black book I carried around with me. I enjoyed great resturants, hotels, hiking paths and sunset overlooks because of Rick Steve. Thanks RICK!

Here is something cool I found for Paris.

Festivals in France (when we are there)
May 31 Whitsun (Pentecost) France
June Marais Festival (arts) Paris
June 6 Anniversary of D-Day Landing Normandy
June 13-15 Le Mans Auto Race (24-hour race) Le Mans (near Loire Valley)
June 21 Music Festival ("FĂȘte de la Musique," concerts and dancing in the streets; ) France (in mid-size to large cities)

I guess I need to start making a little black Paris book.