8.01.2009

YNP: Day 5- Red Lodge, MT

Wow. We are in Montana and it is stunning. Wyoming was also stunning. I think it might be the big open spaces and blue skies covered with clouds. When people are not the focus of a place it just seems huge. We are in MT for tonight only and then back to Wyoming and Yellowstone National Park! We are going to take Beartooth Highway to the Northeast entrance. I don't think we will have internet access in Yellowstone so I will post when I can. Here are a few pictures from our adventure today.

We started the day at the Thermopolis Cafe were I had a pancake bigger than the plate.


Then we shot a few pictures in Thermopolis and headed north.


We rolled into Montana and it is beautiful.




Red Lodge, MT is where we are staying tonight and we checked out the downtown. There are a lot of bikers coming through here. (Montana does not have a helmet law.)




We had one of the best meals at Carbon County Steakhouse. I had the elk medallions wrapped in bacon, and then headed back to the Red Lodge KOA.

1 comment: