11.21.2009

A slight change in plans...

Last week I was working on this blog post about how I was going to maximize the storage in my kitchen to be able to add all this "new" kitchen stuff I inherited. I was taking pictures and making diagrams, but come Sunday night I was too tired to finish it and posted about Sunday brunch or dinner instead.

Maybe it's a good thing because Monday at 4:45am we found a slab leak in our house. You know, when there is a pipe in the foundation (concrete) and it's leaking, up through the WOOD FLOOR! Yep. Fun times. Now instead of finding a way to reorganize the kitchen, we are re-plumbing, tearing up the wood floor, painting (some walls got wet), letting the slab dry and then re-flooring. Did I mention our water has been off since Monday? Fun times.

The good news is that it looks like we are covered under our home-owners policy so we will not be going broke during this process. But that doesn't make it fun. We think we will be in "construction" until after Christmas. Sigh.

I am trying to keep a positive attitude, and I should because it could have been so much worse. T has been taking care of most of it. Well 99% of everything. I just help move things and clean. He has been dealing with insurance and plumbers and floor guys. We rip up floors tomorrow and re-plumbing starts Monday.

Wish me (us) luck!


Originally uploaded by everyAUGUST

No comments:

Post a Comment