11.05.2009

Tahoe X-mas

This time last year I was planning for Paris, finding an apartment, booking airfare and dreaming of my summer vacation.

This time, this year I have hardly thought of travel. The problem might be because I was going to take an Airstream trip on the years I didn't "go abroad" but T wanted to take an Airstream trip the same summer I went to Paris. So I had a great summer, but now I am having a hard time planning for something this summer. And when it starts to get dark early and colder, planning a summer adventure is like a light at the end of the tunnel. I kind of need a light at the end of the tunnel today. Sigh.

Now it looks like I might get a mini travel adventure in Tahoe for the holidays. Circumstances have thrown my mothers' side of the family together for the last few months and one of my uncles invited all of us to his house in Tahoe for Christmas. Ten people, one week, Tahoe. I am in. I am looking forward to it. I am excited to hang out with the family I have gotten to know over the last few months. It's helping to fill the piece of my heart that is missing. It will be good to start new traditions. It will be good to be with family. It will be good to have an adventure.

1 comment:

  1. My thoughts are with you guys right now. I know how tough it can be. :(

    I wonder if Brad knows what he has gotten himself into?? I'm sure a fun time will be had by all.

    ReplyDelete