3.18.2010

Spring in Seattle: a short trip



Recently the sisters and I took a four day trip to the Seattle area to visit my Aunt and Uncle and Cousin. The weather in So Cal had just changed from cool to fabulous and the weather in Seattle predicted nothing but rain. The youngest sister kept saying it didn't rain on us... and this time she was right!

Our family lives on Bainbridge Island, the island across from Seattle, on the side facing the Puget Sound and Olympic Mountains. It is gorgeous.

The Middle Sister and I arrived on Saturday and met the Little Sister at SeaTac (we had coordinated flights and outfits apparently because we were all wearing black and grey with blue jeans). The Aunt and Cousin picked us up and we headed to Seattle. Our first stop was my FAVORITE bakery in Pike's Place Market Piroshky Piroshky where I had the Chedder Garlic Onion roll. Think cinnamon roll but with different ingredients. I get it every time I go to Seattle. Then we headed to Serious Pie for lunch and Wandered around Seattle.

The next day the sisters and I explored Bainbride Island with our Aunt. We hit up Blackbird Bakery and the charming downtown area. After a nap, we sat down to feast of enchiladas. The Bainbridge relatives can cook! I lived her for about six months in 2000 and T always tells people this is where he sent me to cooking school.

The third day found the Cousin and us back in Seattle exploring the city and shopping. This time we met Uncle G for lunch at Dahlia Lounge. We were in luck! it was "Dine Around Seattle" week so we got a three course meal for $15. Score!

We had a great time and can't wait to go back...

No comments:

Post a Comment