7.05.2010

Road Trip #2: California Pines

California Pines was our next stop on the Nor Cal road trip and Alex headed up with us. My dad owns a piece of property he is giving me up there and we thought we should check it out. Alex and his wife kept telling me it was remote but I guess I never realized what that really means...

California Pines was a subdivision in the late 60's that people bought. Here is some information and videos about it.
http://www.calpines.com/
Scary Info-mercial on YouTube
Info-mercial with Eric Estrada (Ponch from CHiPs)

I realized as we drove, and drove, and drove... that this place was really in the middle of nowhere.

Here is one of our neighbors... about 100 miles away

T and the CA Pines sign


The closest cross street
(T took this picture and will give it to me soon....)

The land

California Pines is basically high dessert with pine trees. The insects were buzzing so loudly they sounded like really loud power lines. The closest town is Alturas and you can see Oregon and Nevada from here.

It was a great adventure to see CA Pines... but I am not sure if it is going to become our home away from home. Especially because it is 15 hours away.

2 comments:

  1. We just inherited land there too and plan to head out that way to check it out. We live in Louisiana so it's going to be a hike.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That is going to be a LONG hike, but a fun adventure. I wonder what you will think of it. My Dad purchased this land over 40 years ago and it is almost the same as it was then...

      Delete