12.28.2010

Hong Kong: Day 2, Big Buddha & Chi Lin Nunnery

Day 2 in Hong Kong started with a solo run at 5am. I had made it to 10pm the night before and was impressed with myself that I had fought jet-lag for so long. On the flip side I then woke up early and could not go back to sleep so I went for a run.

I love running in a new city. It helps me get the lay of the land. This morning I just ran up the Queens Road. Usually cities are starting to wake up when I go running but Hong Kong seemed to be hitting the snooze button. The buses were just starting to go. The only people I ran into were the people who were folding the newspapers. They all looked at me with straight faces but would smile or wave when I said good morning. I did see two other runners and made it back before the sun came up.

When the crew woke up we headed out for day 2 in Hong Kong.

The morning started with noodles for breakfast...



We then headed to the Big Buddha and Po Lin Monastery. We took the Ngong Ping 360 down from the Big Buddha and my fear of heights did not like the suspended ride very much.











Next we headed to the Chi Lin Nunnery and the Nan Lian Garden. Jay and Andrea had never heard of this one and we loved it.







Then we headed to the Harbor and took a boat tour to see the Symphony of Light laser & light show (8:00-8:20pm every night), projected in concert with music from both sides of the harbor. T made this video.

Holiday Light Show in Victoria Harbor
After the boat tour we had Indian food for dinner (at 10pm!) and then I headed home. It was a packed day!

No comments:

Post a Comment