1.30.2011

Year of the Rabbit: Goals

Chinese New Year is almost here! That means it is time to make some goals for the new year and see how I did in 2010.

I am still working on a theme. Last year was "Be the change" and I did okay on that one. I run my neighbors dog 2-3 times a week, helped some people at work, and helped my mom with her garden. It doesn't look very mind blowing here, but a lot of times I would say to myself "be the change" when something came up I didn't really want to do. I put myself out there a lot more then I did the year before. Here are the other goals I had:

Yearly Goals:
Half YES: "Be the Change"
YES: Run a half marathon

Monthly Goals:
YES: Vitamins are good for me. Take them.
YES:Wear a skirt
YES:Run 50 miles
no.....write a letter, by hand
YES and no.....Try something new
YES and no.....Volunteer
YES and no.....Read a book
YES: Try new restaurant
Half YES: Be a food photographer (for a day, once a month)

YES means I did it!
Half YES means I kind of did it.
YES and no.... means I didn't make it every month
no..... I think you know what that one means....

According to Chinese tradition, the Rabbit brings a year in which you can catch your breath and calm your nerves. It is a time for negotiation. Don’t try to force issues, because if you do you will ultimately fail.

To gain the greatest benefits from this time, focus on home, family, security, diplomacy, and your relationships.

Make it a goal to create a safe, peaceful lifestyle, so you will be able to calmly deal with any problem that may arise.


I think my goal for the Year of the Rabbit is BALANCE.

Yearly Goals:
Theme = Balance
complete P90X
Finish Grad School

Monthly Goals:
Run 60mi
Expand the front garden
Use the Rosetta Stone to learn Italian
New Recipe every month
Shoot Film

No comments:

Post a Comment