4.17.2011

Spring is in the Air- Green Scene

This past Saturday the sisters and my friend Mo joined me in checking out the Fullerton Aboretum- Green Scene.

Described as, "Green Scene is the spring event to find bulbs, succulents, organic vegetables, varietal plants, garden accessories and garden products" but we thought it was just a plant sale. It turned out to be a plant sale on Crack! It was the biggest plant sale I have ever been too. The flyer said to bring your own wagon, and next year we will, because we needed one.

The Fullerton Aboretum Green Scene is a great place to buy plants, enjoy the gardens at the arboretum and to ask experts for advice about your plants. While it was the hottest day Southern California has seen in a while, the sisters and Mo had a great time. Here are some pictures from the day.

The Crew

A line of wagons and such

Fun sculptures

Organic Vegetable Heaven

One of the many vendors

Our spoils

After the Green Scene we headed to Rutabegorz for some delicious food. If you are ever in Fullerton I highly recommend it.

They have a deal of the day and these Veggies and Dip were just 41 cents!

Mo and I ordered the same salad, the Italiano. The Salad was a big as my head!

As a bonus, my office mate had told me about this Gelato Cafe called Frati. It had the best gelato I have tasted outside of Italy.

Our day was filled with plants, good food and gelato. What else could we want?

No comments:

Post a Comment