8.19.2011

Alaska Eagle: Turtle Bay to San Diego

The final installment of my adventure aboard Alaska Eagle.

In good news, I don't remember being too sick on the way to San Diego. I think it took us two day to get there. The temperature was still chilly out on the water but not nearly as wet as it had been. A funny thing that had happened was that the thing that kept me from falling out of my bunk (sorry I don't know it's real name but here is a picture of it) when the boat was keeled over broke when we were leaving Turtle Bay and I had to move bunks.

I ended up being in the nav-station closer to the back of the boat. In hind site, everyone on the boat realized this was a great idea because the boat was more stable in the back and it seemed to help my sea sickness. And we know I could use all the help in the world with that little problem.

The trip to San Diego consisted of the routine of watches and sleeping with a few happy hours. It's interesting how quickly something new and unfamiliar becomes habit.




The morning we were scheduled to arrive in San Diego I remember having the 8-11 am watch. I was up about 7am and the water was glass. The shoreline floated by and San Diego started to appear. My heart was singing. Almost home.....



Alaska Eagle cleared customs in San Diego and we were on our way. Dolphins swam with the boat in Laguna Beach and we arrived home at sunset. Our two week boat delivery ended as the sun sank into the sea.



Welcome home Alaska Eagle.

2 comments:

  1. Wow, what an amazing trip! Congratulations on making it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, what an amazing trip! Congratulations on making it home!

    ReplyDelete