1.10.2012

Eat this! Tuscan Kale, White Bean, and Ciabatta Soup (without the ciabatta)

Sunset Magazine has a great article this month in their food section called Craving Greens (or 22 ways with fresh greens on the website). It has recipes from chefs in the west who are using greens like nettles and swiss chard. The image on the cover of the magazine is for Tuscan Kale, White Bean, and Ciabatta Soup. It looked good and I like finding ways to eat more of the greens I find in the farmers market so I tried it out this past weekend.

First of all I have to let you know I modified the recipe a bit. If you read my last post you know I am not eating wheat this month so the ciabatta never made it into my soup. Also I ended up using curly kale instead of the tuscan kale like the recipe asks for because I went to a different farmers market this weekend and that was the only kale I could find. Other than that I think I followed the recipe pretty well but did leave off the cheese at the end. Even with all these changes the soup turned out to taste really good. So good that it is going to be in the winter rotation of recipes.

Sunset magazine currently has the recipe available on there website so click this link for Tuscan Kale, White Bean, and Ciabatta Soup and give it a try. The red pepper flakes add a touch of heat while the garlic and anchovies give the soup some great depth. It is a really good soup. I highly recommend you try it!

No comments:

Post a Comment