2.27.2012

February update: Year of the Dragon Goals

One of my goals this year was to have monthly updates on the progress of my goals for Year of the Dragon and this is my monthly update for February! Check that off the list....

Here are the remaining updates:

Goals for (2012) Year of the Dragon:

Food photo shoot once a month:
So far so good. One photo shoot down in January and I am shooting the February one today! I have tagged all of the posts I do for this goal under Hay Hay Donna.

Lose 5 pounds a month until I complete the 25 pound challenge.
I was doing so well with this until my birthday. Then I sort of stalled out. Why? I know why. First I started eating sugar again and was having a hard time exercising every day like I had hoped too. I recently read a blog post titled How do you not weigh 500 pounds?. It was a great little reminder about eating and got me back on track with the foods I eat. I am going back to the no sugar, dairy, wheat thing, but listening to my body and finding the balance with what I am eating.

I find that a few times a year I lose my exercise motivation. I am trying to pay attention to see if it is the same time each year or if it is when my life gets busy. I personally think it is around the same time every year. Mentally I have a hard time getting up when it is really dark outside to exercise. I find that I still go running with the Middle Sister and my trainer Eddie (the neighbors dog), but I have to really push myself on the days I work out alone.

Just this week I found some motivation to get me back on the track I want to be on in terms of exercising. I will take motivation / inspiration where ever I can find it! First I I started doing the 30 Day Shred again. I really like the 30 Day Shred workout because it takes less than 30 minutes to complete and it is a pretty good workout. I had wanted to do another round of P90X, but was having a really hard time (mentally) finding the hour and fifteen minutes I needed to do it. I am sure I will do the P90X again (I love that workout) but right now the 30 Day Shred is keeping me exercising.

Part of my motivation / inspiration to keep working out is because I mentioned the 30 Day Shred to a co-worker and she went out and bought it that night and started doing it with her daughter. Now I have to at least do 30 days of "the shred" to keep up with her! Her name is Wendy.

My next motivation / inspiration is kind of silly, but I will take anything that keeps me moving forward with my goals. I watched The Green Lantern with Ryan Reynolds. Ryan Reynolds is very fit (in this movie and in real life) and the next morning when my alarm went off and all I wanted to do was get back in bed my mind said "Wendy and Ryan" and I got up to do the 30 Day Shred. Strange where motivation comes from....

Back to the goals update:
Weigh myself often. CHECK. And it's not fun.... the scale and I argue a lot.

Run 5 miles in an hour.
CHECK! Yesterday I went running with my trainer Eddie (the neighbors dog) and ran 5.01 miles in 59:57! I barely made it in under an hour but I did. It hurt. I felt very out of shape. I got home and napped for 3 hours afterwards. I'm doing it again soon.

Complete Rosetta Stone: Italian
I am not doing well on this goal at all. It is very hard to find the time to do the Rosetta Stone. I get home from work and want to eat dinner and go to bed. I will work on finding a good solution to this goal this month.

There you have it. February update: Year of the Dragon Goals. Look for better news in March!

No comments:

Post a Comment