5.14.2012

Lamb Sliders with feta and homemade taziki on hawaiian rolls

I am playing catch up on a few blog posts and trying out blogging on the iPad to see if I can bring that (instead of a computer) to Ireland and Russia this summer. I am using Evernote (http://evernote.com/) to compose my blog posts and then emailing them to blogger to upload. It is a bit of a work around, but that is how technology is sometimes. If someone has come up with a better system, please let me know!

On to Lamb Sliders.

Last Sunday I was feeling like a home-body and wanted to have a BBQ with T and the sisters but the stars didn't align for me and I was looking at having a BBQ with myself. I had this moment where I thought I should probably just make something small for dinner and then decided that was not going to happen. If I wanted to have a BBQ, I was going to have a BBQ. Even if it was for a party of ONE!

And so I did. Seeing as I didn't have anyone to work with on the menu, I just winged it and decided to make Lamb Sliders. I went with the sliders because they were small and seemed like fun. I made my own taziki sauce and threw the whole thing together. I loved them! They were so good. Surprisingly so good that I had to write down what I did so I could do it again. I loved the hint of mint in the burgers and the sweetness of the Hawaiian rolls that played off the tang of the taziki. Make sure to grill the Hawaiian rolls! It really makes a difference.

Here is what I did for the burgers:

Lamb Burgers with Mint and Garlic
2lbs ground lamb (I think it was 2 lbs)
1/2 medium yellow onion, minced
1TB Marks secret spice rub (my friend Mark makes this and won't give up the recipe, but promises to give me some for the rest of my life!) You can just use a spice rub that you like.
3 cloves garlic minced
1/4 cup fresh mint, chopped (make sure the mint is really minty)

Combine everything in a bowl and make mini hamburger patties (sliders) and grill on a (charcoal) grill.

Easy and delicious.

Here is the taziki sauce I made. Apparently you can make it with garlic and mint too..... maybe next time.

Taziki Sauce
3/4c grated cucumber (layed out on paper towels to drain for an hour or so)
1c NF plain Greek yogurt
1/4c dill chopped
2TB lemon juice

Mix together in a bowl and season to taste. Refrigertate until ready to use.

I grilled the burgers and Hawaiian rolls. I placed a dollop of taziki on the bottom roll followed by feta cheese, burger, more taziki and the top of the Hawaiian roll. Heaven! These will be making an appearance all summer long!

No comments:

Post a Comment