7.21.2012

Russia: St. Petersburg (day 3 of 4)


Day 14 we jumped on a bus (again) and headed to Catherine's Palace and Park outside of St. Petersburg. Here are Mo's Mom and AC on the bus.

Catherine's Palace and Park (garden) was beautiful and had almost completely been destroyed during one of the wars.  It was so interesting to learn about the Russian ruling families and I found Catherine the Great to be very interesting.  She was a princess, married to someone who became a Zsar and she basically impeached him and named herself Zsar and then ruled for 30 some years.  You go girl!

The palace was restored beautifully but I am a bigger fan of gardens.  Here are a few pictures:

The Purple Group at Catherine Palace.

Mom and I.

Mo. AC, and I with Alexey (one of the ship photographers).

That evening we were heading to see Swan Lake at the Hermitage Theater.  The dessert that night was a swan dessert!

Swan Lake was beautiful and I am glad I went.  I felt like I should see a Russian Ballet and the Russian Circus.  Check and check.  

After the ballet Konstantin showed us a bit of the White Nights and then we headed back to the ship.

Next: St. Petersburg (day 4 of 4) Free day in St. Petersburg

No comments:

Post a Comment