1.21.2013

a day at the Getty Villa

A few weekends ago the Little Sister and I went to the Getty Villa in Malibu.  It was part of her birthday weekend celebrations and we had a great time.  The weather was stormy on the drive up, but the rain held off during our visit and we got to enjoy the gardens and views.
We took the first garden tour of the day and it ended up being a private tour as everyone else seemed to want to do the architecture tour.  The villa itself was smaller than I thought it would be, but that might be because the Getty Center is so big. 
We browsed some of the art work on display and eventually decided to leave.  We drove around Malibu a bit and then the Little Sister dropped me off at LAX to go pick up T.

If you are planning to visit the Getty Villa, be sure to check out their website.  You need advanced tickets and parking is $15.  I enjoyed the Getty Villa, but prefer the Getty Center if I had to choose.  I prefer the art collections housed at the Getty Center and the modern architecture.  Both places have spectacular gardens but the Getty Center is more my style.

Have you been to the Getty Villa or Getty Center?  Which one do you prefer?

No comments:

Post a Comment