2.22.2013

Classic Sherry Vinaigrette


Classic Sherry Vinaigrette
One of my goals for this year was to make every vinaigrette in the Modern Sauces cookbook.  Maybe I was inspired by the Little Sister and her cooking. Maybe I thought every vinaigrette looked amazing in the book and couldn't decide which one to try.  I don't know why I made it a goal, but it seemed doable and tasty.  Two things that seemed good to me at the time.

In preparation for the year of vinaigrette, and sauces in T's case, we ventured out this last weekend in search of some whisks.  T went with a classic Oxo Whisk but I fell for the Super Whisk at Sur La Table.  When you look at the picture it looks like a whisk with a long handle and doesn't look good for whisking things BUT if you put the whisk part on a hard surface or in a bowl and push down on the handle the whisk part spins!  It is so cool!

I started with the first vinaigrette in the book, the Classic Sherry Vinaigrette.  This was a very simple vinaigrette with olive oil, sherry vinegar, Dijon mustard, and salt and pepper.  It was okay and I liked it but what I really liked were all the ways the author told you how to change up the recipe.  The next time I used the same recipe, but used red wine vinegar instead of sherry vinegar.  Much better!  There are a few more variations to try with the classic vinaigrette, but I can see it was a good decision to start testing these out.  I am loving them!


No comments:

Post a Comment