3.02.2013

I love meat

I love meat.

It is kind of a hard thing to say in today's society.  Kind-diets and slaughterhouse exposes have shined a new light on the meat I eat.  More and more people I know are eating less meat, becoming vegan, vegetarian, or just highly selective.  I'm cool with that.  To each their own.  I even gave up meat one year for Lent in high school.  It was really hard, and I only gave it up that year......

The truth is that I am a meat eater.  I feel better when I eat meat.  Lose weight when I eat meat. And I am sure T would say I am a lot less grumpy when I eat meat.

My sisters joke about it.  My Middle Sister is a vegetarian and has been her whole life.  She just doesn't like the taste and texture of meat.  My Little Sister jokes that I make up for all the meat the vegetarian Sister didn't eat.  She might be right.

Being a meat lover it was fairly "easy" to stay on the Whole 30 during the winter holidays.  There was meat.  And now that T and I are mostly sticking with that way of eating,  I find that I am liking what I eat.  And losing weight!

On a weight loss side note: I just realized I am 3.2 pounds away from being the weight I was when T and I started dating 14 years ago!  I think that is so cool.....

So back to meat.....I am currently loving flank steak, seasoned with salt and pepper, cooked in bacon grease in a hot (med-high) cast iron pan.  I cut up the steak so it will fit, season both sides and let each side cook for about 4 minutes.  What I get is a smokey house (we need to replace our stove fan) and a perfectly medium-rare (almost rare) steak.  It tastes amazing and might be battling the rib eye or hanger for my favorite steak.....

Meat. It's what's for dinner!

1 comment:

  1. And thanks to you I am also currently loving flank steak. I did a quick chimmichurri marinade and cooked on a grill pan. So tasty!

    ReplyDelete