4.15.2013

Joshua Tree weekend

T and I work at different colleges that have different spring breaks.  Mine was before his this year. For mine I went to Zion National Park, Bryce Canyon National Park, and Las Vegas.  If you click the text links, it will take you to my blog entries about each of those trips.  When I got back from my Spring Break, T said he wanted to go to Joshua Tree National Park and asked me to go.  Awesome!  I love me some National Parks!
In the past we would have taken the Airstream on a trip like this but because of T's winter injury, the Airstream was still in Mammoth.  We ended up booking a Motel in Twentynine Palms and making a weekend trip out of it.

I'm not sure if I mentioned this before, but T is a photographer.  We actually met as students in the photography department at OCC and have been together ever since.  Years ago I was a photographer too and did it as my day job.  After awhile photography stopped being fun for me and I decided it was time for a new job.  I think that was the best thing I could have done at the time because it let me enjoy photography again.  I started shooting just for me and loved some of my pictures.  Like my acid looking Joshua Trees above.  I love them.  Others might not, but because I take pictures for me now means I get to be happy with my photos and move on.  That is why I can take photo trips with T again, because they are fun.  Here is T, having fun in Joshua Tree.
He was using an old film field camera on this trip.  I was using my iPhone!  He might have better photos than I do......  But we both had fun!
Joshua Tree had great weather Easter Weekend (the weekend we were there).  Down in Twentynine Palms it got fairly warm, but the elevation rise into Joshua Tree made for nice days.  T is still recovering from knee surgery so we didn't take any long hikes, but we did take a few and even climbed a few boulders near Arch Rock.
We had a great weekend in Joshua Tree.  T took me to Pappy and Harriets in Pioneer Town for lunch, we found a great restaurant for dinner in Twentynine Palms called the Bistro Twentynine and even made it home in time for Easter dinner with the family.  And good thing, because it is going to start getting hot in Joshua Tree soon!

1 comment:

  1. I loved the acid looking Joshua Tree photo! Fun! And you and T look so happy!

    ReplyDelete