4.14.2013

Remembering Winter 2013

Winter 2013 wasn't what I thought it was going to be.  It started off well enough with T and I having ski passes to Mammoth Mountain but on day 21 in a row of skiing for T he fell and messed up his knee.  You can read about that here.  So while I thought Winter 2013 was going to involve a lot of trips to Mammoth to snowboard, the majority of those trips were for T to have knee surgery and see the doctor.  This was no big deal to me as I still got 100 runs in and was really more concerned with T being okay.

Other than that, Winter 2013 was fairly uneventful.  We survived the Whole 30, I got a chance to go to Zion, Bryce Canyon, and Vegas for the first time (even though this might have been part of spring as it was in Spring Break),  and I have been continuing to take Italian.  Work has been nuts but I have been trying to leave work at work, and leave home at home.  So far it is working out pretty well.

I am happy this winter is over.  With spring comes longer days.  T has been recovering really well and I am looking forward to summer break.  I might even be counting down the days..... and I am hoping to catch my breath a little this spring.  Find time to smell the flowers and enjoy my garden.  I think a garden update will becoming soon as I want to show off my Fava Beans!

The winter banner picture was taken on a drive south on Hwy 395, coming home from Lake Tahoe.  This was the view looking over Mono Lake in the winter.

No comments:

Post a Comment