5.28.2013

Exercise, first thing

Good morning! I am in the first week of summer vacation and already I can see I need to stay focused. If you read about my Summer Schedule, you know I had a bit of a busy schedule starting in June. I gave myself the last week of May to work into summer and all I wanted to do was stay up late and sleep in! But that doesn't do me any good and I realized something about myself.

I need to exercise first thing in the morning.

This actually made me a little sad to realize. When I work I always exercise in the morning because that is the only time I can. I leave my house at 7am and get home between 9-10pm. I fall into bed when I get home and have never been able to rally and workout.

Waking up at 4:45am on the other hand was doable and I was able to workout in the morning. It is not what I would choose to do, but it was the thing that worked for me, so that is when I would workout.

The first Saturday morning of summer break I woke up and thought, I need to workout, but then all these other things became more important than working out and before I knew it, I had missed my chance. That is when I realized I need to work out first thing in the morning. It was not a happy realization, but it was a needed realization. So now when I wake up in the morning, I stop all the chatter in my mind and tell my self, exercise first, those other things will be there after you're done. And they are. And I feel ready to tackle them after I have worked out.

No comments:

Post a Comment