5.20.2013

Summer Schedule: 2013

Four work days left until Summer break and to make sure I make the most of it, I thought I would come up with a schedule.  I know, it's a little OCD of me, but I want to make sure I get certain things done and I know myself.  I work better if I have a schedule.

So here it goes:

Summer 2013 POTENTIAL Schedule:

Monday, Wednesday:
  • 5:00 Wake up 
  • 5:30 Hot Yoga.  I thought for the month of June I would do some Hot Yoga for myself.  Not sure if this is a summer thing, or just a month of June thing.
  • 8:00 Jillian Michaels: Ripped in 30.  I've been doing Jillian Michaels: 30 Day Shred, which I like a lot, but a friend let me borrow Ripped in 30 and I thought I would try it in June.
  • 9:00 study Italian.  I took Italian 1 and 2 during the fall and spring semesters and am going to go back through the textbook all summer to make sure I retain what I learned, and memorize what I missed.  I plan on going to Italy in June of 2014 and want to be able to get by with my Italian.
  • 10:00 Education Class.  I am taking two education classes this summer for personal interest.
  • 11:00 Pool time.  My vitamin D is fairly low so I am planning on spending a few minutes in the sun (smile).
  • 2:00 - 4:00 everyAUGUST etsy site.  I was thinking of opening an Etsy store to sell some of my photographs.  In the past I was a photographer, but doing it as a job took the fun out of it after awhile.  Now I take myself and photography less seriously and am loving it again.  I have a collection of photos that are Wall Worthy.  They are in rotation at my house and I though,  hey, why not see if someone else would like this on their wall too.  I dream of being able to support myself by selling pictures I love.  Each dream starts with a step so I though I would take mine on Etsy.  This summer, I am going to take that step.
  • Evening are open to cook dinner and hang out with T and the family.
Tuesday, Thursday:
  • 5:00 Wake Up
  • 5:15 Jillian Michaels: Ripped in 30
  • 6:00 Running
  • 9:00.  Tuesday, bike (or drive) to VITALY to study Italian.  Thursday, bike (or drive) to Farmers Market.
  • 12:00 Pool time.
  • 2:00 - 4:00 Paris Photo book / My Go To recipe book.  These are two projects I have been slowly working on for years.  I would like to get them finished this summer and am going to work on them on Tuesday and Thursday.
Friday:
  • 5:00 Wake up 
  • 5:30 Hot Yoga. 
  • 8:00 Jillian Michaels: Ripped in 30
  • 8:30 Garden
  • 9:00 study Italian.  
  • 10:00 Education Class.  
  • 11:00 Pool time.  
  • 2:00 - 4:00 Use it, or lose it. Two hours a week to organize, assess, and remove clutter in my life.
Saturday, Sunday:

  • The weekend is going to be unscheduled for the most part.  I have some house projects I can work on then, hit up some concerts in the park, go on a few mountain bike/ hiking adventure, or just chill out and read a book.  I will continue to do Ripped in 30 on the weekends...

Looking over this it does seem a little crazy, but it will help me stay on track this summer.

What about you?  Do you have a summer schedule like me or are you open and free, waiting to see what comes your way?

UPDATE:  I updated my Summer Schedule for July and you can see that HERE.

2 comments:

  1. Wow! Now I'm feeling like a slacker for not having a schedule for the summer! I have more general plans. The kids and I usually make a list of things we want to do in the summer (get ice cream, go to the beach, visit a friend, etc), and then we usually don't get many of them done...

    But here are a few things on my summer bucket list list:
    - Jillian Michaels every week day until the kids get out of school on June 11, and maybe 2x per week after kids get out of school
    - cook regularly; try new recipes; have easy food on hand for lunches/dinners all summer long; include more fruits and vegetables to our diets
    - clean and organize one area of the house per week; use it or lose it
    - clean my office at work
    - read at least 1 book per week, hopefully 2

    ReplyDelete
  2. I count today as the first day of summer. Here's how my schedule worked out:
    8: drop off kids at school
    8:15-12:45 work, grading, catching up on crazy happenings at work, etc
    1-2:30 lunch with husband
    2:30-3:30 conference call, work
    3:30-7 take kids to swim, baseball, and softball. played catch with kids for about 25 minutes
    7: dinner
    8:30 30 day shred, level 1 + 10 minutes abs
    10: read

    Not bad for the first day. I'd like to try working out in the morning right at 8:15. But I'm okay with evening workouts, too.

    How was your first day of summer break?!

    ReplyDelete