8.01.2013

A week in CanCun - day 5&6

Day 5 was another pool day for me. I got up early and the friend's wife and I went running. Eventually I made it to the pool and relaxed and read my book. I know, tough life. Like the other pool days, I found myself leaving in the mid afternoon to shower and nap. I was the only member of the group who never got sunburned and seemed to be doing okay with the heat and sun and everything else that was Mexico on this trip. I think it was because I was making sure I got enough sleep!

For dinner that night we ate at La Trattoria, the Italian restaurant at the Golf Course. Dinner was at 8pm and was pretty good. Everyone but me, was pretty tired after their day in the sun. It was a mellow dinner and I think it might have been the first night everyone didn't go out. The next morning T and I were joining his friends on the golf course at dawn so that might have been part of it.

I mentioned before that we had gotten in the habit of ordering room service for breakfast. Nothing fancy after the first time, just yogurt, pastries, and coffee / tea. This night was no different. We phoned in our order for 5:30am and went to bed. It felt like I had barely closed my eyes when there was a knock at the door for room service. T and I peeled ourselves out of bed and I kept thinking we must have slept through the alarm. After they left I asked T what time is was. He looked at his phone for awhile and then said "It said 1:30am. The time zone must have switched'. Then he found his watch and it was 1:30am! We laughed about the room service mix up and went back to bed. Then at 5:30am room service came again! I told the guy about the 1:30am delivery and he was very apologetic. I switched out the coffee and tea and he told me to take the pastries as they were hot and fresh. Such a nice guy. T and I were both still tired, but not as bad as the 1:30am wake up.
After a quick breakfast we met up with his friends and I went along for the golfing trip at dawn.
I am not much of a golfer (as in not at all) but is was nice to watch the sunrise and see the golf course. We were out first and they all played fairly quickly, even skipping a few holes, so it was fun to go from place to place. The resort is a nature sanctuary and it was cool to see the different animals out in the morning. At one point we came to the spot in the course where our villa was. We stopped to take a pictures. My golf club is just a prop....
When the morning was over I was still pretty tired and ended up going back to the room and back to bed. That afternoon we were going on a yacht over to Isla de Mujeres and I wanted to make sure I was up for it. I must have needed some sleep, because I slept the morning away. T did too, so I guess I wasn't the only one.

This yacht trip is my second favorite memory of our trip. T's friends had arranged everything and we were picked up at 3pm by the SUVs and taken to the yacht. I wasn't sure what to expect but was very impressed. The water was calm and it was amazing to cruise by the beaches and hotels in another area of CanCun. The crew was amazing, bringing us drinks and appetizers all the way to Isla de Mujeres. The girls hung out on the front of the boat and the guys hung out with the captain.
We anchored off the island and went swimming while the crew made us lobster dinner! T mastered the art of floating on his back while balancing a Mai Tai on his belly. I laughed so hard when he did that.
After dinner we watched the sunset and took some pictures before making our way back. It was an amazing and fabulous evening!

1 comment:

  1. Wow, this sounds like so much fun! I liked the photos from the yacht trip!

    ReplyDelete