8.01.2013

A week in CanCun - day 7, 8, and home

Day 7 was our last full day in Cancun. It started with early morning room service and then T and I had a bit of a pool morning to ourselves as the girls had spa treatments and their parents slept in. We tried the pool at Sunrise and it was much bigger! I had another spa appointment and left T at the pool while I caught a shuttle over.

This spa treatment was a package that included a seaweed wrap, aloe vera massage, and facial. It was FABULOUS, except that the seaweed smelled a bit like sushi. But, what was I expecting.

For dinner that night we ate at the Brazilian BBQ place and this was the first time I had been back to the hotel that had Public Relations in it. I decided to double check on my lost phone.

Now every time I came into contact with any employee at the resort they were always nice, everything was "their pleasure", and they went out of their way to help me. The gentleman working the public relations desk this evening was no different. He asked me to be seated, I told him my story, he checked the Public Relations log, and there was no note of me coming to speak to public relations that first time. He asked me details about my phone and then checked on it for me. While he was on the phone with security he told me that it was unlikely an employee had stolen it as they had to go through metal detectors when they left work. I said, it had to be an employee, as we were the last table at the restaurant and someone had accessed some of my accounts the evening I lost it. He asked me to come back in 30 minutes as security had something that might be my phone. I returned 30 minutes later and there it was! I was so excited! It turned out that someone did eventually return it but because the note had not been put in the Public Relations log, they didn't know it was mine. I am so glad I checked! Here is my first picture when I got my phone back!

After dinner we went to a show kind of like Cirque de Soleil, but smaller, that is through the resort. It was awesome and then we some drinks in honor of our last night in CanCun!
Day 8, the day we eventually headed home, started with room service and then T and I went to watch the sunrise over the ocean. The pools were empty and there were only a few people up with us.
We were sitting on a wall looking at the sunrise. As the sun came up I snapped this photo of the pelican. T said we should tell everyone, this was our room.
T had a hot stone massage that morning and left me as I walked the beach as the day started. I spent a few hours at the pool and eventually we got in the SUVs and said goodbye to CanCun. We had a great time and T is already asking me when we can go back!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment