10.07.2013

Slow Cooker Jambalaya

I am always on the look out for slow cooker recipes that appeal to me. I don't want to think of myself as a picky eater, but I might be. I know what I like and I know my body seems to like certain kinds of food (plants and animals) and not like other foods (dairy, sugar, grains and legumes). Sign. The dairy, sugar, grain items make special occasional appearance, but other than that, I am mostly a plants and animals kind of girl. This coupled with the fact that recipes have to sound good to me sometimes limits what I will commit to trying in the kitchen. And even with this high maintenance attitude I still found this recipe for Slow Cooker Jambalaya!

This recipe came to me via Pinterest but is available on allrecipes.com. The author recommends serving with rice but I served it without. There is also a comment on allrecipes that said the Jambalaya is more soup like, but as I like soup and am not a Jambalaya counosour, I liked how it turned out. I added okra to mine and forgot the shrimp at the end..... but think I will be making this again with a slight change in the sausage I used and remembering to add the shrimp!
If you like Jambalaya or a Jambalaya soup, I would give this a try and then let me know what you think. Let the slow cooker quest continue!

No comments:

Post a Comment