2.17.2014

Lake Como Villa

Our villa for Lake Como has been booked and you can see more about it at this link: http://www.vrbo.com/1077146ha I found it on vrbo.com (vacation rental by owner) right around the time I found our apartment in Florence, Italy. It looks fabulous, and again, I am hoping the pictures are true.

I delayed blogging about it because even though I thought I was booking it through VRBO, I actually ended up booking it through a different site, and it looks like a company is running the rentals.
Not really a big deal but as I started to get confirmation emails it looked like a few people were part of the piece of the pie and it made me a little uneasy. More like a few different companies. I guess the biggest thing that made me uneasy is when I went to a special website set up for my trip and was asked to enter the passport numbers of our party. As T once had his identity stolen, this kind of stuff makes me super cautious. Especially because I have never had to do it before when I rented an apartment abroad.

So I am excited about this villa and probably overreacting, but I think I am going to contact them to see why they need all that information. I will keep you posted. Wish me luck!

UPDATE:
I emailed the company very soon after writing this blog post to ask why they need the passport information and admitted I was a little uneasy about giving it out for our party.  I was emailed within hours letting me know the rental company somehow falls under the hotel guidelines and that is why they ask for passport info.  They then let me know the office is based in another city, so that was why they had the online passport info option.  AND then they said they totally understood my uneasiness and would come get the numbers from us if there was a need when we were in Italy and they would send me any information I needed manually.  I was very impressed with their service and understanding.  Things are looking good!

No comments:

Post a Comment