10.20.2014

Crock Pot Chicken Stock

I'm a pretty big fan of rotisserie chicken. I use them for Lazy Girl's Chicken Soup and confessed that I Heart Chicken here. So when I came across a recipe for Slow Cooker Chicken Broth on BudgetBytes a light bulb went off in my head. Finally something to do with all those rotisserie chicken bones that was easy and fast in terms of just putting everything in the crock pot. That night I got a rotisserie chicken and the next day I made my first batch of Crock Pot Chicken Stock.
I mostly used the Budget Bytes recipe for inspiration and added some poultry spices and Better than Bouillon to the stock before letting it cook in the crock pot for over six hours. Then I had some great chicken stock!

This concept has sort of rocked my world. It was that split second of "why didn't I think of that?" and then I jumped on the band wagon. I have made a lot of batches of this stock and am enjoying making all kinds of fun things. For awhile I was addicted to this recipe for Avila's Chicken Soup from a local Mexican restaurant. Now I am branching out and looking for new recipes to use all this chicken stock. Any recommendations?

3 comments:

  1. I do mine overnight on low and into the next afternoon in the crockpot...The longer the better. It's so good.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the heads up Michelle! I will try that next time.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Homemade chicken stock is wonderful in Smitten Kitchen's lemon risotto recipe! Great with fish.

    ReplyDelete