5.17.2015

Red lipstick wedding

A few weeks ago T and I attended a family wedding at the San Miguel Mission near Paso Robles California.  It was a whirlwind week for me, being out of town for work, and I had to pack everything ahead of time.  I went with a simple black dress and packed my new red lipstick that I got on our Vegas trip!  Here we are at Sephora in Vegas looking fancy...

Mission San Miguel is pretty amazing.  It is a functioning church and closer to what I imagine the California Missions were really like.  When we lived in San Luis Obispo years ago I did a photo shoot at the San Miguel Mission and was excited to attend a wedding there.  It did not disappoint.



Getting ready for the wedding I applied my red lipstick and had to talk myself into wearing it.  I am not a "make-up" person because I barely have time to brush my hair sometimes let alone put on make-up.  In my mind I think the term "natural beauty" is what I use to describe my look.

So looking at my painted mouth before the wedding produced a debate in my head about the pro / cons of wearing red lipstick.  At the end I decided to go for it and had beautiful red lips in all the photos.  I even was told I look like an Italian Movie Star!  Thanks red lips!

2 comments:

  1. Glamorous! Italian movie star is exactly right.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Siska! I'll bring it to Italy with me when we visit you and fit right in!

      Delete