7.12.2015

About everyAUGUST

People ask me, Why everyAUGUST?

The idea came in spring 2007 when the Middle Sister was studying in Italy and T, the Little Sister, and I visited her.  We only had a week, but we flew over and went to the Cinque Terra for four days, visited Bologna (where she was studying) for a few hours and where I had one of the top five meals of my life at Osteria al 15, and then spent the night in Milan before flying home. On that trip I decided I needed to do something like this at least once a year.  That once a year turned into every August.  Eventually that led to the everyAUGUST blog to document some of those travels and other adventures along the way.

The reoccurring cast of characters includes me, my two younger sisters, and T my boyfriend / now husband.


The majority of this blog concentrates on local and international travel, and then food and farmer's markets if I can find them.  I used to say I travel to eat, but now I say I travel to explore (if the food is not that great...) :)

The theme to my travel usually has T and I traveling within the United States, and my sisters's and I traveling internationally.  Trips can include backpacking, camping, Airstream travel, hotels or rented homes.  If the opportunity presents itself, I usually say "YES!" and that has been wonderful.


I am so thankful to have steady travel buddies and to have new travel partners on other trips.  My sisters are the biggest gift and I am so grateful for them.


The idea of "every August" expanded a bit and now it is an international trip every other year and a Continental trip on the off years.  Weekend trips as often as possible and other local adventures as they present themselves.  I love being a "tourist" and that includes in my own town of Huntington Beach as well!  

So there you have it.  I hope it answered the question of Why everyAugust? and I hope you can get in an everyAUGUST frame of mind and plan future adventures and be open to the ones that walk right up to you.  I am looking forward to seeing more of the world each day and am grateful to have this blog to share those adventures with family, friends, and future friends.

I hope you enjoy the journey with me,

-elizabeth

No comments:

Post a Comment