8.06.2015

Signature Dish: Crispy Chicken

We have a winner!

A few months ago I decided to try to find some new signature dishes.  This led to some cooking and a lot of eating and a lot of getting over the idea that a signature dish needed to be fancy or out of the ordinary.  Sometimes a signature dish can just be simple, delicious food.  And that is kind of what this dish is.

So a little background.  Crispy Chicken is really my version of Cracklin' Chicken from NomNom Paleo.  My cooking times, temps, and spices are different, but over all it is this recipe.  My first few times making it were not as successful as I would of liked, but last week the brother-in-law was in town and we needed to make dinner.  Digging through the fridge, freezer, and pantry we compiled a lovely dinner of crispy chicken, zoodles (zucchini noodles) in a caper vinaigrette, Cranberry Quinoa Salad from Can You Stay for Dinner, and a simple salad.  In my mind, nothing to write home about.  But T and the brother-in-law were gushing about it.  They loved the zoodles.  The chicken was excellent and the quinoa was great.  T even took a photo of his dinner...

So that got me thinking.  Why couldn't simple and delicious be a signature dish?  I mean, I LOVE THAT CHICKEN!  Just because it is easy, doesn't mean I can't serve it for dinner to friends and family.

And now I have a new signature dish to add to my list.  Plus those zoodles with the caper vinaigrette were our of this world too!  Next time I make those I will write the recipe down...

Do you have any signature dishes?  Do share!

-elizabeth

2 comments: