6.17.2016

Wine Dinner featuring Souverain and Storypoint

This one is for you Dad and Jan! The Sisters, T, and I held down the fort and attended the Hennessey's wine dinner for you. It was a tough job, but someone had to do it..... and it was a pretty good one this time around.

The first course was a Baby Wedge Salad served with Souverian Sauvignon Blanc. The crisp onions and buttermilk bleu cheese made this salad. It was a good pairing with the wine and maybe my favorite part of the meal.

Second course was a Four Cheese Fried Ravioli with goat cheese cream. This was paired with the Storypoint Chardonnay. I prefer red wine, but this was an excellent chardonnay and I might have a bottle of it in my fridge right now....

Main course was Grilled Flatiron Steak with a champagne chimichurri, smashed potatotes and roasted brussel sprouts. This was paired with the Storypoint Cabernet. We all really liked the Cab and I think a few of those bottles might also be at our homes now....

During this course is when the wine rep stopped by our table and I totally forgot to take a photo of the food. But here is the Middle Sister with the wine!

Dessert was a Molten Chocolate Cake served with Storypoint Merlot. We toasted you both many times and hope you are having a great trip. We look forward to wine dinners with you in the future! See you soon...

 

No comments:

Post a Comment