9.11.2016

First time May

May was a great month to continue my 2016 theme of "Try Something New". I continued the Kombucha making and bottled my first batch and made a second one. In May I discovered Farm & Culture, a local Kombucha place and ended up getting a growler that I have filled up every once in awhile. Farm & Culture have four Kombuchas on tap and I have a flight and taste all of them before I decide what to put in my growler!

In May I also tried some new restaurants. The first was Park Ave. in Stanton, CA. Mo and Russia AC took me to dinner here to celebrate my new job and it was very good. A swanky steakhouse, but they have a restaurant in the back called "Il Garage" and we all agree that we want to try that one next time!
The garden out back by Il Garage.

I also tried Restaurant Marin for breakfast and was very impressed. Decadent and european feeling. A great space close to home.

On the office / work related front I also did a few new things for the first time. One of those things was making "Engineering Prints" that I hung up in my office. Engineering Prints are big black white prints on thin paper that can be printed at Staples or Office Max. I used THIS blog post from a beautiful mess as a guide and printed five of my iPhone photos from a Joshua Tree trip and they now decorate my office. Big shout out to the Middle Sister for helping me decorate my office. We brought in some lamps and my "office chair" one weekend to create the zen office I now have. Everyone loves it!
My office before:

My office after, it is a little dark but you can see my prints on the wall, my bike, and my chair!

I also set up a Google Voice account for work during May and that is awesome! It allows me to have a phone number that rings on multiple phones and has been instrimental in alowing me to work remotely when needed.
And there are all the things I did for the first time in May. It was a full month!

No comments:

Post a Comment